Monday, August 19, 2013
Amazing Cover FX CC Cream Product Review/BRIDEface Richmond Makeup Artist Aaron Ellerbrock
1. Time released benefits. This cream continues to nourish the skin with it's time released formula over an 8 hour period. I love that this is something that works all day long.
2. Anti-Ageing benefits. It offers the benefits of a retinol but without the harshness or photosensitivity. So you are fighting lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, but you don't have to worry about it being too aggressive. It has vitamins B and C to help boost collagen levels and remove toxins from the skin. It also has an ingredient called Resveratrol which has been touted for the past several years to be the most powerful antioxidant used in cosmetics. This is an amazing ingredient as we are blasted with free radicals all day that break down and age the skin (and since it is time released you get an added bonus).
3. Fights hyperpigmentation. The licorice root extract is a natural ingredient that helps to diminish existing hyperpigmentation and help to prevent future discoloration.
4. Oil free. Even though it is an oil free product, there are humectants present (ingredients that draw moisture into the skin) therefore keeping the skin looking soft and supple.
5. Built-in primer. This is a bonus for those who skip the primer step as they will now get an "all-in-one" product. In my opinion, I would probably still use a separate primer for longer wear.
6. Lots of pigment. I was surprised to see just how much coverage this product gives! If you sort of stipple it on, in areas where the skin needs more help, you can get a fuller coverage, but then you can swipe it over the rest of the face for a soft sheer coverage. The end result is a radiant natural finish.
In short...LOVE IT!!! Now of course, this is not your drugstore brand of CC cream so you will pay more for this product at $45. But as I always say, your "canvas" is where you want to spend your money (primers, foundations, concealers, powders). If you get your canvas right, you can use the less expensive color products (eye shadows, blush, lipsticks and glosses, etc.).
The Cover FX CC Cream comes in 9 shades, so you should have no trouble finding a match. You can check it out at the Cover FX website or stop in Sephora and have a look at it in person. This really is one of the good ones!!!