Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Great Holiday Eyes!!-Richmond VA Makeup Artist Aaron Ellerbrock


In order from top to bottom: Green Shimmer Liner and Picnic in the Park Shadow
Beige Glitter Liner and Girls Night Out Shadow
Electric Blue Liner and Curacao Punch Shadow
Green Shimmer Liner and Break the Bank Shadow
 
With the holidays here, I have been looking for a great way to do "fun eyes" that is easy and budget friendly. While in Sephora the other day I started playing with some of their products and came across their Jumbo Liner 12 Hour Wear Waterproof and Colorful Shadows.
 
Basically what I did was lay down the liner and then pack the shadow on top. This is a quick and easy way to create a smoky eye without having to use a lot of technique.
 
What surprised me the most was that these did NOT MOVE!!! I mean at all! Now in all honesty, I did use a little bit of Urban Decay's setting spray on top. But, once I did that I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and the color did not fade or transfer. It looked amazing.
 
I used metallic liners and shadows in very vibrant colors, but they also have flat liners and shadows if you want to have a more subtle look.
 
Just take the pencil and color in your eye lid from the lash line to about half way up your lid. Take a brush and blend that liner up the rest of the way on your lid to the crease. Don't take it up on the brow bone. Next, take a shadow brush a just press the shadow on top and blend it into the crease and voila! You have a quick smoky eye for your holiday party. You can take a soft flat shadow on the brow bone to act as a highlite and finish off the look with two good coats of mascara. I would suggest the setting spray if you want to ensure the color stays put all night long.
 
One of the best things about this is not only do you get a fun holiday look without much technique but the liner is only $14 and the shadow is just $13. You will love it!!
 
Let me know if you need assistance in choosing the best colors for you and have some fun with this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment