Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Please don't foget your Moms!!-Thoughts by wedding makeup artist Aaron Ellerbrock



Lately I have been getting a lot of questions from "brides-to-be" about whether or not to include the MOB (Mother of the Bride) and MOG (Mother of the Groom) for makeup services. I think this is an excellent question and I would like to put in my two cents here. Mind you, this is just my opinion, but as weddings are what I eat, sleep, and breathe, I think my thoughts have some validity.

First of all the MOG. Uh...YES!!! Please include her. This is the perfect way for you to show your Mother-in-law-to be that you care and want her to be a part of your life. Imagine how she must feel if you do not invite her yet she gets to see all the great photos of you getting ready with your maids! And, especially of your MOB is going to be there, it is important for the in-laws to get a chance to have some time together. By extending the invitation your future Mom knows that she isn't losing a son, but gaining a thoughtful, considerate, and caring daughter.

For the MOB, Uh...YES!! This is a must to do! Now, if your Mom is anything like mine she will probably say, "Don't go to the trouble" or "I really don't wear much makeup" or "Please don't spend your money on me" which in all reality means "I might just die a little inside if you don't ask me to get my makeup done with you on your most important day!!!" Most of our Moms don't want to burden us and they want to make sure our wedding day is perfect. Moms take a back seat to our happiness and this is our chance to let her know how important she is to us. Most of the time, it is not even about getting glammed up. It is just about having one last chance to spend some quality time with you before you begin a new family. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make every effort to let your Mom know she is special and that you want her to enjoy the day as much as you do, and there is no better way to do that than to pamper her for a bit.

This is a very easy thing to do, at very little cost, and a gesture that will go miles with the MOB and MOG. Plus the added bonus is they will look stellar in your photos! Don't forget the Moms. They do so much for us and we can give just a little back!

And those are my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment