Monday, July 1, 2013

Brow Pencil Review-Richmond VA airbrush artist Aaron Ellerbrock BRIDEface Richmond



As most of you know I am obsessed with brows. That is usually the first feature I work on when I am with a client. Brow trends including shapes and thickness will often change. Right now we are seeing a groomed brow, but much fuller and thicker than in past seasons.

There are many products that I love for browns, including both colored and clear brown gels, brow wax, powder and of course pencils. One pencil in particular that I am gaga for is the Maybelline Define-A-Brow!! One of the main reasons I love it so much is that the lead is very small so you are forced to make smaller, more articulate strokes with your pencil. Interestingly enough, this is why some people have given it a poor review on the Maybelline site. I do not know why someone would not want a precise tool like this!!!So often the leads are too thick and the brow looks much more "drawn" on. The Define-A-Brow is also an automatic pencil so you can just twist when you need more lead. No need for a sharpener...and let's be honest, how many of us sharpen as often as we should? No worries about that with this pencil.

There are several shades to choose from. If ever I can't find an exact shade for a client I will choose a shade that is slightly lighter and then add a little powder to the brow after I have given the appropriate shape with the pencil. And the best thing; it is only $6 to $8 (depending on where you shop)!!!

I give this product a big thumbs up. If you need help in learning how to master your own brows make sure you contact us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment