Monday, July 1, 2013

I might be falling in love...with Cover FX/by Richmond Virginia Makeup Artist Aaron Ellerbrock BRIDEface Richmond



So I know I am not Oprah, but I thought I would share one of my "Favorite Things"! I often get asked what products I love to use and what makeup I think really gives a great pay off. Of course, over the years I have added or changed that list as new products are developed or as old favorites change their formulas and become less than stellar.

I now have a new favorite in the area of creating a canvas (foundations, concealors, powders, bronzers). Of course for my brides I still mostly use the OCC airbrush foundations, but for my other clients I am now recommending the Cover FX line. I can't say enough about how great this product is, especially after their recent re-launch. The line seems to have an amazing grasp on how to create foundations for everyone.

I hear over and over again "I can't find a foundation that matches my skin tone" or "It looked good when I first put it on but then later it just looked wrong". Finding the right foundation can be tricky, especially if you are just trying to pick one up at the drugstore. First and foremost, you should always match your foundation on your jaw line and make sure once it dries down, the color is perfect, meaning you don't see it on the surface of your skin.

I recently had the great fortune to talk with the Vice President of Global Sales and Education for Cover FX, Alisha Gallagher. Since I have several of their products in my kit, I was thrilled to have the chance to ask her a few questions. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation.

Aaron: Tell me a little about the creator of the products at Cover FX.

Alisha: His name is Victor Casale. Previous to Cover FX he was the Chief Innovation Officer at MAC. He is the man who created such well know products as Studio Fix and Lipglass. He is so amazing because not only is he so creative but he is also a chemist! He also created a red lipstick for Madonna on her "Blonde Ambition Tour" called Russian Red. It has become an iconic color. It is very wearable for that woman who is looking for a perfect red and was worn by Michelle Williams in "My Week With Marilyn".

Aaron: Why are your products so special?

Alisha: There are three main points of difference that make us so special. First, our tag line is "Great beauty begins with a great foundation. Can't find your shade? We can!". At Cover FX we have an extensive global color shade palette. 28 shades! But what we do that is so different is we spend a lot of time making sure we focus on the undertone of the skin, not just the depth of color. So many lines have a lot of shades but they go from light to dark without altering much in the undertones. That is why foundations often seem to not match. At Cover FX we make sure we have the right blends of "N" neutral, "P" pink, and "G" golden to ensure a perfect match.
Second, our products are extremely healthy for the skin. They are free of gluten, talc, mineral oil, parabens, and fragrance. As a matter of fact they are actually vegan!
Thirdly, the products have a very high performance level. We use a high level of refined pigments in our products. This allows you to get what you are looking for without having to use a large amount. The beauty is that you can apply them for a sheer coverage or build them to get a full coverage.

Aaron: What would you say are two must have products?

Alisha: That is a hard one, but if I had to pick two I would say the Pressed Mineral Foundation (a pressed mineral foundation with buildable coverage) and the Total Cover Cream Foundation (an emollient cream 2-in-1 concealor and foundation). The Pressed Mineral Foundation has no talc so it is luminous, not chalky or matte looking. And the Total Cover Cream Foundation can be applied as sheer as a tint  or you can build it to a full coverage foundation.


Cover FX is sold at Sephora stores, but not all of them. For those in the Richmond area, they are sold at the Sephora at Regency. For those of you in the Cincinnati area, your best bet is to order from the Cover FX website for now. I would of course chat with Nancy at BRIDEface first so she can assist you in picking the right products. And don't forget to get the right tool for the right job. Cover FX have some amazing brushes that do very specific things. They have used technology from DuPont to help create cruelty free brushes that perform amazingly! Also, if you would like to see it in print, check out Richmond Magazine's December "Mother of the Bride" shoot. I used the Total Cover Cream Foundation on our model!

So whenever you feel you are just not having luck in the area of foundation or concealors just remember what Alisha at Cover FX says, ""We have your shade!" Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment